Ease the Lockdown
This idea was locked by a moderator
It is no longer possible to add comments or ratings to this idea.
Moderation reason: Thank you for your idea. As it is similar to an existing idea, please contribute to that instead by using the Search and Filter function on the website.
- Distributing face masks that should be mandatory to wear when in enclosed public places.
- Maintain social distancing when in public.
- Increase the level of testing to identify new cases and improve our understanding of high risk groups.
- Implement contact tracing to contain any new outbreaks quickly.
- Implement three risk categories; high risk, carers for high risk categories, rest of the population. Manage the risks of these three categories separately.
Why the contribution is important
It is not an effective measure to indefinitely lockdown healthy people. It causes harm to the economy and people's wellbeing. By implementing proactive measures that allow people to manage the risk, it would give people the option leave their homes for more extended periods, return to the office if they want and to see loved ones all while respecting social distancing.
by frasermackay on May 06, 2020 at 11:41AM